Monday, May 23, 2005

E-mail from Houston

I received an e-mail from Mike, a rider who got off the train in Houston. Mike sent a clarification about my post “Service in San Antonio” concerning repairs of the refrigeration unit in the Lounge Car. Mike also sent some accompanying photos. Later, I may either post the pictures – if I get his permission – or link to his travelogue, if he decides to do one. Here is part of Mike's e-mail:

Two repair men did all the work on the refrigeration unit of the Lounge Car while George sat in his shorts and T-shirt inside the car. George would try to turn it on when they yelled to him. So when I heard George's announcement, he made it sound like he crawled into the belly of the car behind the refrigerated cases and fixed it himself - like a true salesman.

No comments: